What are your candles made of?
100% pure soy wax. Our candles contain no GMO material, no paraffin and no unnatural additives (such as phthalates or UV inhibitors).
What are phthalates and UV inhibitors?
Phthalates are chemicals that are often used in used in candles to hold colour and scent. They have been linked to many health concerns such as organ toxicity and breast cancer.
UV inhibitors are an additive added to candles to stop the sun discolouring the wax.
Why should I choose soy wax candles over cheaper paraffin wax candles?
- Soy Candles are 100% all-natural as they are derived from the oil of the soybean. Soy wax is completely renewable, biodegradable and non-toxic.
- Soy Candles burn with no toxins, carcinogens or choking soot.
- Soy Candles burn up to 50% longer than Paraffin because their melting point is lower than paraffin wax candles.
- Soy wax has a stronger and cleaner scent throw.
- 100% soy wax is not tested on animals.
- Paraffin wax emits 11 known toxins while burning, two of which are known carcinogens (toluene and benzene) cancer causing agents.
Do you use essential oils or fragrance oils?
We import our fragrance oils from U.S.A. All of our fragrance oils comply with the strictest global RIFM (Research Institute for Fragrance Materials) and IFRA (International Fragrance Association) standards. This means that all the fragrances we use do not contain any phthalates, paraffin, UV inhibitors and are environmentally sound.
Where are they made?
My Way Home candles are individually hand-poured in our Wellington kitchen.
How long do they burn for?
On average if properly cared for our candles will burn for 40 + hours. Tea lights have an average burn time of 5 hours each.
How do I care for my candle?
Click here to visit our Candle Care Page.
Can we do a bulk order? If so can we receive a special discount?
We would love to assist you with your order. Please e-mail me with your details and request at email@example.com.
Can I refill my candle jars?
Yes we can refill your candle jars but delivery and pick up must be made at our market days (Please see market schedule). All jars must be clean and washed with the wicks removed. The jars will be $20.00 each to refill.
Why are your candles different?
For almost 8 months now, I have been busy at my kitchen stove testing and reformulating the perfect wax and scent creation. Then with the honest opinions of friends and family, I decided on the top 5 aromas that would give off the most fragrant, clean and long lasting burn. After months of hard work, I can honestly say that our sweet smelling scents will bring beauty and richness to any home.